The mission of Durham Regional Hospital’s Auxiliary is to assist in the delivery of comprehensive health care to the community by providing the best possible services to meet the needs and expectations of patients, staff and the community, to provide personal growth and development opportunities for volunteers of all cultures, and to support the corporation in fulfilling its goals and objectives.
Its purpose is to raise funds to support Durham Regional programs and services. Volunteers are welcome to participate by assisting with fundraising, participating in Auxiliary committees, or serving on the governing board.
Leadership Council and Committees
Durham Regional Hospital’s Auxiliary is led by a Leadership Council that manages the business and affairs of the Auxiliary. It consists of a President, President Elect, Past President, Secretary, Treasurer, Giftique Chairperson, Fundraiser Chairperson, Patient Services Chairperson, and Volunteer Coordinator.
Each Leadership Council member works with his/her designated committees and patient service area leaders to carry on the work of the Auxiliary. Auxiliary committees include:
- Publicity Committee coordinates and disseminates information to auxiliary members, the community, and the media as appropriate.
- Hospitality Committee coordinates all Auxiliary events, including breakfasts, luncheons, dinners, and receptions.
- Nominating Committee recruits Auxiliary members to serve on the Leadership Council.
- Finance Committee ensures the Auxiliary’s fund is managed.
- Patient Service Area Leaders ensure their area is operating smoothly. They are responsible for providing the Patient Services Chairperson with quarterly reports as well as communicating their needs.
The Auxiliary raises funds through
- The Giftique, the daily fundraiser owned and operated by the Auxiliary. Contact the Giftique chairperson to assist with staffing the shop. Training is provided.
- Fundraising sales, held throughout the year. One and two-day sales by area vendors take place at Durham Regional. A percentage goes to the Auxiliary. Contact the Fundraiser Chairperson to participate.