Durham Regional Hospital offers treatment for a range of female urologic conditions, including:
- Urinary incontinence
- Vaginal or pelvic organ prolapse
- Voiding difficulties
- Vesicovaginal fistula
- Recurrent urinary tract infection
- Fecal incontinence
- Abnormalities of the urethra, such as diverticulum
Incontinence can impact your life dramatically. Durham Regional Hospital urologists offer the several treatments for female urinary incontinence:
- Pubovaginal slings: A procedure to give support to the urethra by suspending mesh from the abdominal wall.
- Transobturator slings: A procedure to give support to the urethra by suspending mesh from the wall of the pelvis.
This condition occurs when the support to the vagina weakens, causing protrusion of the vagina through the pelvis.
Durham Regional Hospital urologists provide robotic assisted laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy -- a minimally invasive, laparoscopic procedure with robotic assistance to fix a prolapsed vaginal vault -- for the treatment of female pelvic organ prolapse.
- Botox injection: A procedure to inject the bladder with botox to treat incontinence and urinary symptoms caused by an overactive bladder.
- InterStim: A sacral nerve stimulator placed for the treatment of refractory frequency and urgency, refractory urge incontinence, fecal incontinence, or non-obstructive urinary retention
Gynecologists at Durham Regional Hospital also perform many minimally invasive surgical procedures. Learn more about gynecology services.
Physicians offering this service include: